Windows 11 Free Upgrade 2023: What You Need To Know! June 24, 2021, might actually be the Windows 11 release date. Windows 11 leak shows a new StartUp Menu, Taskbar, boot sound, snap features, and more. Windows 11 Release Date – At Microsoft Build 2021, Satya Nadella informed us that he has been using the “next generation of Windows” for several months during his keynote speech. There is a Microsoft event scheduled on June 24 at 11 AM ET and 08:30 PM IST from what is known so far. As stated earlier, the event is titled “What’s next for Windows” which is not very clear. Despite all the hype and speculations, Windows 11 free upgrade launch is not confirmed to happen on the same date.
Window 11 and free upgrade Leak Suggests new Features and a Refined look
New Start Menu and Taskbar
Now, come to the videos and images of the Windows 11 leak. From what it looks like, Windows 11 free upgrade comes with quite a few visual changes. For instance, the iconic Start Menu has been redesigned as a box that appears in the screen’s center, with recent app tiles on the top and a general setting at the bottom. It looks like Microsoft has removed live tiles from the Start menu. However, if a user wishes to align the icons to the left, it can be done. Secondly, the alignment of app icons on the taskbar is now in the center (which looks like macOS). Another notable change is a widget icon on the taskbar.
When is Windows 11 Release Date?
While it was a rumor earlier this month, Windows 11 leak surprised everyone. Several videos and images have surfaced on social media platforms, suggesting that Windows 11 release date is about to launch soon. To top the hype, Microsoft has a scheduled event on June 24, 2021, which is titled “What’s next for Windows” and the announcement came after CEO Satya Nadella announced that the upcoming update for Windows will be the most significant update of the decade. Keep reading the article to know everything about Windows 11 free upgrade.
Windows 11 Free Upgrade for Windows 10 & Older Versions Users
Windows 11 Free Upgrade is the ability to snap an application window with the maximize button. While Windows 10 also has such features, the new method appears to be more efficient and sophisticated, using which apps can be arranged in a systematic order on the desktop, if need be. The new Microsoft Store, which is supped to “unlock greater economic opportunity for developers and creators” is not revealed yet. A Windows 11 iso file was also reported to be available for download. However, it could not be verified.
Overall, the whole design is being compared with Windows 10X, the OS Microsoft never completed. It was primarily designed to offer better usability with touch displays and dual-screen devices to rival Chrome OS. Instead of being a completely new version of Windows, it is a more refined version of Windows 10. The Windows 11 upgrade would be free for Windows 10 users for a smooth transition. However, if a user is currently using Windows 8, updating to Windows 8.1 would make them eligible for Windows 11 free upgrade.
How to Install Windows 11 on 64 / 32 Bit OS?
- Download the ISO file from the download link.
- Grab a USD drive (With at least 16GB of Space) and make it bootable.
- You can make this Pendrive bootable using Rufus.
- Launch Rufus and select Windows 11 ISO file which you just downloaded.
- Don’t alter any other field keep them all as default and then click on the Start button at the bottom.
- After that Windows 11 will be flashed in your USD drive.
- Plug this USB Drive into the system where you want to install Windows 11 Free Upgrade.
- Now restart your laptop/ PC and keep pressing the boot key.
- Choose USB Drive as primary from the Boot Device Options.
- After pressing the Enter button, Windows 11 installation process will start.
- Now Choose your Language, Time, and Keyboard Input Method.
- Click on Install Now.
- As you do not have the product key, click the “I don’t have a product key” option.
- Select the Windows 11 Edition you want to install.
- Select the partition for Windows 11 Installation.
- Click next and Your windows will start to install.
Windows 11 2022 Release for Older Version (Windows 7/8/8.1)
Windows 11 free upgrade could be made available as a free upgrade for not just Windows 10 users but also for those running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Some references about the enhanced upgrade support have emerged from a recently leaked Windows 11 build ahead of its formal announcement. Microsoft previously ran a similar free upgrade program for Windows 10. It was aimed at bringing more and more users to the latest Windows operating system and safely moving people from older platforms that were no longer supported by Microsoft.